We love to welcome schools and nurseries to visit us. We feel there is a huge benefit to children of all ages and abilities when it comes to being outdoors and interacting with nature.
We welcome all groups, and ask that visitors email us to arrange the best time to visit, and to ensure that all the correct paperwork has been filled in.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the teachers/staff to supervise the students.
- There is a suggested donation of £3 per visitor (including children and adults) and this will be required upfront to secure your booking.
- A visit is required in advance to perform a risk assessment.
- As part of the risk assessment the running order of the day will be agreed.
- There are certain activities that will require availability of volunteers, and this can be discussed at the risk assessment meeting.
- There must be a ratio of at least 1 adult to 4 children, due to health & safety reasons.
- We have a kiosk that sells ice creams and ice lollies. If required, this can also be discussed at the risk assessment, and items can be purchased in advance.
- There is a cafe that sells food (view the menu here), and again this can be discussed at the risk assessment review.
- Payment can be received via Paypal by clicking here, or we can send an invoice
Activities on Offer
We have lots going on here at The Garden House for all to enjoy, including:
- Exploring the orchard
- Experiencing the polytunnel
- Understanding river life
- Meet our animals
- Playing on the adventure playground
- Have fun on the zip wire
Please contact us via the following to arrange your school or nursery visit:
Telephone Number: 0161 427 8712